Item Code 10842
The focus of this course is on the characteristics and potential effects of prohibited weapons; explosives; hazardous substances and compounds that pose a risk to ships and port facilities.
The elements of this course include sections on:
• Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices
• Methods of physical searches and non-intrusive inspections
• Implementing and coordinating searches
• Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of persons posing potential security risks
• Techniques used to circumvent security measures
• Crowd management and control techniques.
The International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code, as well as the U.S. Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002 (MTSA), requires specialized maritime security training for port facility and vessel personnel. This Maritime Security Management & Operations Compliance Series was specifically developed to meet the mandatory security standards set forth in the ISPS Code. Non-compliance with ISPS Code requirements can result in loss of revenue and the potential for increased liability in the event of a security incident.
•Company Security Officers
•Port Facility Security Officers
•Ship Security Officers
•Ship And Port Personnel
•Recognized Security Organizations
•Ship Classification Societies
•Port State Control Officers
•Maritime Executives & Administrators
40 minutes. DVD-Video
There are no sample clips for this title.
To purchase "Threat Identification, Recognition & Response":
click the ADD button and you'll be taken to our shopping cart. Please contact us for additional shipping and handling options.